With specific reference to booking/e-commerce transactions, VDP Travels collects the following personal sensitive information from you:
- Name, Email and Gender
- Phone Number
- Credit Card details
- Date of birth in case of a child
VDP Travels does not sell or trade upon any of the above foregoing information without the consent of the user or customer. The foregoing Personal Information collected from the users/customers/travellers is put to use in the following manner:
Information like Credit Card Details and Net Banking Details are usually collected directly by the payment gateways and banks and not by VDP Travels, but if ever stored or retained by us, remain internal and is never shared, except that they may be shared with third party private/government security agencies to screen for fraudulent activities. These details are also shared with certain third parties only for the purpose of processing 'Cash Back & Discounts' and Charge Backs, if applicable.
- shared with applicable service providers like the airlines, hotels, etc., for the purpose of reservation and booking the services for the customer/traveller.
- confirm your reservations with respective service providers;
- keep you informed of the transaction status;
- send booking confirmations;
- send any updates or changes w.r.t your booking
- allow our customer service to contact you, if necessary
- customize the content of our website and mobile site
- request for reviews of products or services or any other improvements;
- send verification message(s) or email(s).
Information like Mobile no, e-mail address and postal address may be used for promotional purposes, unless the customer/user “opts-out" of such use. If you choose not to share this information, you can still visit the VDP Travels website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services.
Occasionally, VDP Travels will hire a third party for market -research surveys and contest – entry processing and will provide information to these third parties specifically for use in connection with these projects. The information (including aggregate cookie and tracking information) we provide to such third parties, alliance partners, or vendors are protected by confidentiality agreements and such information is to be used solely for completing the specific project, and in compliance with the applicable regulations.
- by law, required by any enforcement authority for investigation, by court order or in reference to any legal process;
- to conduct our business;
- for regulatory/internal compliance and audit exercise(s)
- to secure our systems; or
- to enforce or protect our rights or properties of VDP Travels or any or all of its affiliates, associates, employees, directors or officers or when we have reason to believe that disclosing Personal Information of User(s) is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.